AV Real Estate Update 2018 Year End…
Real Estate Stats
DECEMBER Ended With The Following INVENTORY TRENDS…
- 1,610 Homes on The Market: Almost 10% less than November & 52% More than December 2017… That is a massive increase!
- 423 New Homes: 34% less than the month before, but was up nearly 9% year over year.
- 355 Homes go into Escrow: Which is 15% less than last month, and 9% more than a year ago.
- 416 Homes Sell: Which is up from last month by 3%. It is also just below 10% lower than last year.
- 3.47 Months of Inventory: This was 9% less than November, and 61% higher than last year.
- 45.5 Average Days on Market: That was 4% lower month over month, and about 8% higher year over year.
DECEMBER Ended With The Following PRICING TRENDS…
- $308,816 Average Sales Price: Up 1.2% from Nov, and is still up 7% from Dec 2017.
- $342,848 Average Listing Price for ”All” Homes on The Market
- $330,462 Average Listing Price of ”New” Homes on The Market
- $312,287 Average List Price of Homes that Went into Escrow
- 98.7% List Price to Selling Price Ratio: Which was up .20% to the prior month, and only 0.10% lower than last year.
- 97% Original List Price to Selling Price Ratio: Was 0.3% higher then the prior month and down 1% from last year.
The Two Inevitable Burning Questions…
- So Is Now Still A Good Time To Buy?
- Is Now A Good Time To Sell?
I am going to tackle both of these with the same answer: It depends. The largest factor in how I answer the question on a case by case scenario is: What is the goal you ultimately want to achieve, and are you operating on a long term plan, or a short term plan. Then we can dive into the more detailed approach on what makes the most sense for you, and as always what I would do if I were in your shoes.
You can take a look at all of the homes for sale in the Antelope Valley (and pretty much all of Southern California) by Clicking Here.
To find out what your home is worth, you can get a quick evaluation here: https://www.talbotandwatson.com/home-valuation/